Friday, May 18, 2007

Going up the Mountain


Those elbows on the left would be Emily's (my little sis), mine are on the right, and yes the photo was taken up the mountain, Sassafras to be specific. I think I'm addicted to the place! Any excuse to drive up the winding road to either Kalorama, Kallista, Sassafras, Belgrave or Olinda and I'm in, usually with no questions asked. Hannah (the littlest sis) asked to go up with me this afternoon and unfortunately I had to pause and tell her that my answer pended on receiving an extension for my last assignment.... (For the sake of clarity, I didn't ask for an extension simply because I wanted to go up the mountain, I needed it because of another assignment on the back of this one which has taken up all my time!) As of one hour ago I'm happy to say the extensions been sorted. Olinda here we come!
Last time up there, I came across the pomegranates and also stumbled across some curry leaves. I've been hunting high and low for them since the curry night I had with Ana, Tim, Bec and Geoff in January when couldn't find them for a recipe I was planning to make. So last night I finally made Butternut Squash Curry which we ate with coconut rice and a good dollop of yogurt. Taste expectations were met. Mum commented on it looking like baby food, for which I think I'll forgive her because it certainly didn't taste like it. Definitly one to make again.
I think I'll have to superglue my wallet shut this afternoon, too many things call my name when I'm up there, though birthdays are coming up so my eyes will be peeled.

3 Comments:

At 1:45 PM, Blogger Meika said...

hey lor lor.

i think curry leaves smell absolutely desgusting :P and do you know why i know that?
because i have to pack them for work.

seriously, we have fresh ones AND dried ones. plus a heck of a lot of other fresh and dried/ground/packaged herbs.
come in one day and explore.
and not terribly priced either (most herbs are either $1.99 or $2.99 for a bunch/packet.)
(i know ringwood isn't exactly olinda, bet hey :P)

 
At 2:34 PM, Blogger Laura said...

ooohhh, I think I will come and investigate :)

And I agree, they do have a funny smell, thankgoodness they taste great.

 
At 12:40 AM, Blogger analise said...

that is one rad pic!!
mmm....i think we need to hook up and make some curry soon :)
x x

 

Post a Comment

<< Home