Tuesday, May 08, 2007

Vulnerable

By Annete Vanderspuy
When ever I've been away from blogging for any length of time I never know weather I should launch into my thoughts or give a bit of a summary of what has passed. So, to condense placement into a few short sentences I will say it was draining, the staff more welcoming than last time, nights were great for births but played havoc with my mental and emotional state, I felt like a 3rd year student with more responsibility and capability, accoucheured 11 births, saw two caesarean sections, attended 3 ventouse births, cared for a woman with really bad Pre- ecclampsia, took blood...... and was completely incapable of doing any study for my online units while at hospital for 5 days a week. If I wasn't at hospital, or driving to or from hospital, I was either sleeping (didn't know how much I loved my sleep until I missed a whole lot of it!), eating or meeting up with friends to remind myself the world was actually continuing on.
But besides being a wreck most of the time I did rather enjoy it, and to prove that life did continue on in these last four weeks:
  • I managed to get to some of Soul Survivor on the Saturday and Sunday, and it turned out to be a rather life shaping day/night (as was the week following). Hmmmm how ambiguous can I be!? Michael Leunig says it perfectly ~

Dear God

We loosen our grip.

We open our hand.

We are accepting.

In our empty hand

We feel the shape

Of simple eternity.

It nestles there.

We hold it gently.

We are accepting.

Amen

  • The 21st birthday bash happened on the 19th of April and turned out more perfectly than I'd even expected! Good food, fairy lights, candles, fire brassier in the back yard, lovely friends, some fire twirling, David Grey playing in the background and only a few embarrassing photos.

  • Bec got engaged to her Geoff and then asked me to be her bridesmaid! Ana, Elyce and I plan to be the most gorgeous bridesmaids ever... I think we'll be wearing green. January 08 please come quickly.

So yes.... life continues on rapidly, and I've managed to clean my room which means I can sit down and study properly without any visual clutter getting in my way.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home