Thursday, June 08, 2006

The Youth Monster

Last night at small group I took the plunge and told Geoff (who's involved with leading Youth at church) that I was interested in helping out with Junior Youth, much to his rejoicing mind you. To my surprise I was told I'd been on his and Pete's (our pastor who's soon moving on to plant a new church) list of possible newbie additions to the youth leadership team - yikes how's that for coincidence! I'd been thinking about what to be involved in at church for a while and youth kept on popping into mind most times I prayed about it. I have to admit I tried to over look it as two of my little sises are in youth group BUT as Geoff reminded me they are both in senior youth NOT junior youth

....so yes we'll see how things play out from now....I have to admit teenagers in year 7-9 are a little bit scary come to think of it.

Brave face Laura, brave face!

4 Comments:

At 12:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nah, there's nothing to worry about. There's some very good kids there, and we'll ease you into it! Let the adventure begin....

 
At 4:43 PM, Blogger Laura said...

alright : )

 
At 11:47 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

nyuk! nyuk!

 
At 12:18 AM, Blogger Paul said...

You'll be right... you just have to show them who's boss (while making them think that they are!).

:P

PS. Thanks for managing to talk about midwifery this evening without grossing me out.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home