Saturday, June 03, 2006

Yes we are closed...we closed at 5:00 it's now 5:27!

To celebrate winter at work today we had "Winterfest". In other words we had 40 tonnes of snow in the carpark with all sorts of crazy things happening in and around the store. Yay! Surprisingly 40 tonnes of snow doesn't look all that much when you see it in one spot - I was a little surprised at how small an area it covered. The snow turned pretty icy by the end of the day but all the kids who came loved that's for sure.

Thankfully I got out of the work "fashion show". I would rather have eaten bugs or something than get in ski gear and parade around the 60 cm high T shaped platform in front of all the customers, to doof doof music (the words of which I thought were totally inappropriate to have in a "family" store). After the show I had this little red haired kid come up to me and follow me around while I was working asking me all sorts of questions - "Who does the shows?" "Are girls allowed in the shows?" (he could only see the guys standing around the stage at the time) "What's that?" "What do you do?" "Will they have another show?"....Amusing

But besides all the fun....can someone please explain why it is that customers think that they are the only ones who have lives outside of the place they are shopping in? I think I'd prefer getting out on time then getting extra pay for staying over time personally! Grrrr - she knew full well we were closed. I told her more than once in no uncertain terms that the tills would be removed and that she would not be able to pay for her purchases if she took any more time than she already had. I was serving her and couldn't quite well boot her out as she had over $1000 worth of sales - management says it's better to get a big sale than send people out the door at closing time. So at 1727 I called one of the management staff to put the sale through the register so I could get out to my dear Mother who had been waiting 27 minutes for me in the car, who was now going to be late to the trivia night she was involved with organizing. I had hot angry tears over that once I got outside of work.

Perhaps I sound too whiny in this post....I certainly don't mean to be, but people who are buying things just are the oddest bunch I have ever come across!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home