Saturday, November 18, 2006

Away

All you faithful blog readers, who ever you may be, I've been away from my computer for the last week, and will be away on and off for the next two and a bit weeks while finishing my placement at Casey Hospital. Hopefully that explains why it's been quiet on the blogging front. Yes, I know my blogging can be sporadic even when I'm close to my internet connection.... but at the moment there are a lot of posts waiting to be spit out. So while I'm staying up with my grandparents home to cut down driving time to and from hospital, I'm hoping to put some of them onto paper so my thoughts don't flutter away.

BTW, did I mention that I heart Casey Hosptial! It's been so refreshing to be in a hospital which actually appreciates and trusts women's birthing bodies, and doesn't have epidurals on tap! Caesars are not available for social reasons, only emergencies. It does wonders to a woman's chance to have a normal vaginal birth, and positive birth experience. I've never seen waterbirth advocated so much by a maternity ward..... those baths are beautiful!

I think it will be a battle to get a placement at Casey in third year. From all the talk amongst the girls just about everyone is putting in a preference for Casey, I'll be putting mine in too! I will be a happy woman if I never step inside of a private hospital maternity ward ever again (... so sorry France Perry).

I haven't actually seen any births at Casey yet. I've been with a number of labouring women and have even stayed overtime hoping to be there for the end but everyone is birthing outside my shifts - but I have three more weeks to go still, and the experience so far has been invaluable.

Stories will be coming!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home